Copyright © 2019 First Presbyterian Church of Davenport, Iowa. All Rights Reserved.
Bible Basics - Wednesdays, 6:30 pm
Have you let your Bible knowledge lapse a bit? This group hopes to help that. We will
start out by looking at familiar stories & characters we may have learned about as a
child in Sunday school but maybe haven’t read since, for example, Ruth, Daniel,
Jonah & John the Baptist. No prior Bible study experience is necessary. After the
first few meetings, the group will decide together what it wants to study next. For more
information, please contact Mark Jones ( firstname.lastname@example.org, 563-332-9314) or
Julie Grothusen (email@example.com, 563-359-6607).
Small groups can have a variety of different focus areas, but ultimately they
need to be based in
showing Christian love to one another. The focus of a small group can range from Spiritual
Development, Christian Education & Worship, Support Groups, Education & Training or sharing the
love of Christ through Fellowship activities. Small groups can be ongoing or have a finite existence ands
can be initiated and led by any church member. They can also be initiated by Staff, Session/Deacon or
other FPC committees.
HOW TO START A SMALL GROUP CONNECTION:
1. Develop the idea for a small group connection you would like to start. Pick up a form from the Small Group Connection
bulletin board or download the form and complete the information on the form:
Brief description of the group
Your name and contact information
Proposed time for the group to meet
Frequency of meetings, when group will start and length of duration of the group
Any materials needed by group members or cost
Additional details to describe the group’s purpose
2. Turn the form into the church office. It will then be posted on the bulletin board and on the church’s website.
3. Keep track of people who have contacted you with interest; feel free to reach out to folks to join the group.
4. Once you have your responses, finalize when and where you will meet.
If you intend to meet at the church, fill out and submit a Building Use Form
(BUF) to the church office to reserve a meeting
5. Enjoy your small group connection!